Thursday, December 2, 2010

Preschool Conversations

As most of you know I work with preschoolers. Usually every day one of them says something to me that just cracks me up. Today for some reason this conversation I had with one of the little girls in my class cracked me up. Just to give you a little background this little girl is constantly telling me her name is something else. The conversation goes as follows:

Rozlyn: "Ms. Reagh"
Me: "Yes, Rozlyn"
R: " I'm changing my name"
Me: "To what"
R: "Samanthan"
Me: "Samanthan?"
R: "No, Sam Manson"
Me: "Oh, how come?"
R: "Because I'm sick of the name Rozlyn"

For some reason this conversation made me laugh really hard. Their little imaginations just crack me up. After a day like today I need to look back on those little moments of the conversations that I have with them. Or the things that they tell me. Today I had a little girl tell me a story about her christmas tree. It went as follows:

Anika: "Ms. Reagh. I went after school and got me Christmas tree and put it up at my house. It was all pretty with the decorations we put on it. Then I was playing with my dog and he climbed in the tree and then put the Christmas tree on my head."

That story to me didn't make any sense but I listened because that is what I have to do. These two moments today amonst all the arguing and fighting over Legos reminds me of the reasons why I work with preschoolers.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your next blog!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete